Photo Retoucher & Graphic Designer
We are looking for a Photo Retoucher & Graphic Designer to produce high quality images from supplied photography, employing high-end Photoshop techniques such as cutting-out, fine masking, compositing, colour-management and effects, in various formats, for use in print and online media.
You will work closely with the art director, photographer/creative director, marketing leads and in house photographer both on site and during post production. You will also help develop ideas and creative marketing campaigns for social media, email, print, packaging and website.
To be successful for this position, you will need to have professional knowledge in Photoshop, Illustrator and Indesign. Strong knowledge of photo formats and exports. Studio or agency experience is preferred.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Work in a fast-paced multi-channel apparel environment focused on children’s fashion.
- Read image edit markups and follow direction for retouching all images including but not limited to flat lays, product, and editorial.
- Perform complex image work and fully complete retouching of high-resolution digital files. Working with reshaping products, adding masks/paths, changing backgrounds/texture/ colors as directed.
- Control the quality of all retouched images and prints.
- Color management for digital imagery.
- Retouch images to existing standards.
- Maintaining systems so retouching and post workflows are efficient.
- Design and or layout of web banners, emails, social media, marketing campaigns, packaging and print when necessary.
- Outputting assets into the relevant formats.
- Assist in photo shoots as needed.
- Receive work assignments/schedules/calendar from production manager and produce reliable quality and creative results in timely matter in order to keep pace with shot counts.
- Work within an asset management system. Adding new assets as needed and adhering to preset file naming conventions.
- Maintain communication between multiple teams to ensure all requests are addressed.
- Serve as a resource to the rest of the team, sharing your expertise and growing knowledge of best practices, process, tips, and tricks of the trade.
- Quickly learn our processes and workflows and help us improve them.
- Fearlessly accept any retouching challenge.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Thorough understanding of retouching, color correction, color balancing, digital image quality and output.
- Thorough understanding of file formats, color spaces, color profile workflows, and industry-standard technical best practices.
- The ability to prioritize tasks and projects while meeting strict deadlines and juggling multiple projects.
- Talent matters more than experience so only candidates with before/after examples showcasing the complexity of their work will be considered.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent trade experience.
- And most importantly, an eye for color, light, and composition.
- High proficiency in Adobe Suite, Mac OS, and familiarity with Asana is a plus.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary: $55,000 - $70,000, dependent on experience
- We offer an excellent benefits package, health, vision and dental coverage
- Casual work environment
- Eligible for performance-based bonuses
- Snacks and weekly catered lunches
- Paid parking
- Apple equipment or whatever is needed (within reason) to be productive
- Paid Maternity/Paternity (as applicable) leave
- Dog friendly Fridays
- Quarterly team outings, free swag and product
Work authorization: United States